Total Assets: $78,239,724
Total Income: $33,761,695
The following grants were given by this foundation in 2013:
$50,000 to Project Hope
$8,338 to JK Group
$63,285 to National Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Children of London
$171,000 to Scholarship America of St. Peter Minnesota
Giving on a national and international basis in areas of company operations, including in Asia-Pacific, Canada, Europe, Latin America, and Mexico.
No support for religious organizations, lobbying or political organizations, hospitals, or disease or condition-specific organizations.
No grants to individuals (except for employee-related scholarships), or for dinners, special fundraising events, medical missions, conferences, trips, sponsorships, media productions, capital campaigns or endowments, or non-health care activities at educational institutions.
The foundation supports programs and projects designed to increase access to healthcare in communities where there are Baxter facilities and a significant number of Baxter employees.
Type of Grantmaker: Company-sponsored foundation
Established in 1982 in IL.
THE BAXTER INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION
1 BAXTER PARKWAY
DEERFIELD , Illinois 60015
Tel: (224) 948-2000
Email: [email protected]
Multi-year funding is not automatic. Application form not required. Applicants should submit the following:
1. How project will be sustained once grantmaker support is completed
2. Staff salaries
3. Name, address and phone number of organization
4. Copy of IRS Determination Letter
5. Brief history of organization and description of its mission
6. Copy of most recent annual report/audited financial statement/990
7. How project’s results will be evaluated or measured
8. Listing of board of directors, trustees, officers and other key people and their affiliations
9. Detailed description of project and amount of funding requested
10. Contact person
11. Copy of current year’s organizational budget and/or project budget
12. Listing of additional sources and amount of support.
Initial approach: Fax or E-mail foundation; mail proposal to foundation
Copies of proposal: 1
Board meeting date(s): Quarterly
Deadline(s): Jan. 21, Apr. 1, July 1, and Sept. 26
Final notification: Following board meetings
Additional information: Proposals should include the E-mail address of the contact person, the URL of the organization, and a description of the organizations past involvement with a local Baxter facility or employee, if available. Organizations receiving support are asked to provide a final report. Visit Web site for detailed application guidelines.
BAXTER INTERNATIONAL, INC.;
AMERICAN HOSPITAL SUPPLY CORP.;
Directors and Officers:
ALICE J CAMPBELL, BOARD MEMBER
DONNA NAMATH, SECRETARY & EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
DOUGLAS HUNT, BOARD MEMBER
KATHERINE KATHY AZUARA, BOARD MEMBER
ROBERT HOMBACH, PRESIDENT
TIMOTHY P LAWRENCE, TREASURER
WOLF KUPATT, BOARD MEMBER