Total Assets: $4,492,941
Total Giving: $695,825
The following grants were reported in 2012:
$35,000 to BARRINGTON YOUTH SERVICES for social and human services.
$8,000 to CHERYL T HERMAN FOUNDATION for miscellaneous and philanthropy.
$18,000 to SMART FARM OF BARRINGTON for miscellaneous and philanthropy.
Giving limited to the Barrington, IL, area.
No support for tax-supported organizations.
No grants to individuals, or for existing programs or budget deficits.
The foundation seeks to address unmet needs in the community.
Type of Grantmaker: Community foundation
Established in 1998 in IL.
Phone: (847) 382-1588
Email: [email protected]
421 N. Northwest Hwy., Ste. 201
Barrington, IL 60010-6022
Visit foundation Web site for application form and guidelines. Application form required. Applicants should submit the following:
1. Timetable for implementation and evaluation of project
2. How project will be sustained once grantmaker support is completed
3. Qualifications of key personnel
4. Statement of problem project will address
5. Population served
6. Name, address and phone number of organization
7. Copy of IRS Determination Letter
8. Geographic area to be served
9. Copy of most recent annual report/audited financial statement/990
10. How project’s results will be evaluated or measured
11. Listing of board of directors, trustees, officers and other key people and their affiliations
12. Detailed description of project and amount of funding requested
13. Contact person
14. Copy of current year’s organizational budget and/or project budget
15. Listing of additional sources and amount of support
Initial approach: Submit proposal
Copies of proposal: 3
Board meeting date(s): As necessary
Deadline(s): Nov. 1
Officers and Directors:
Norval Stephens, President
James Lancaster, Vice President
James Fitzgerald, Secretary
Gilbert Reich, Treasurer
Alfred St. John
Mary Kay Williams