Total Assets: $193,601,822
Total Giving: $8,311,713
The following grants were given by this foundation in 2014:
$121,667 to United Way – Maryland of Maryland
$100,000 to St Paul’s School of Concord New Hampshire
$20,500 to Gettysburg College Fund of Gettysburg Pennsylvania
Giving primarily in the metropolitan Baltimore, MD, area.
No grants for operating expenses, sponsorship of fundraising events, symposiums, conferences, or annual giving campaigns.
Reflecting the interests of its founders, the foundation strives to improve the quality of life in the Greater Baltimore region by focusing its giving in five priority areas: civic & culture, community development, education, health & human welfare, and historic preservation & conservation.
Type of Grantmaker: Independent foundation Established in 1959.
FRANCE-MERRICK FOUNDATION INC
2 HAMILL ROAD, QUADRANGLE EAST SUITE 302
BALTIMORE , Maryland 21210-1813
Tel: (410) 464-2004
Email: [email protected]
ABAG application accepted with inclusion of the foundation’s specific requirements as outlined in the guidelines. If request involves new construction or renovation of an existing structure, special attention will be given to the sustainable building practices of the project and if LEED certification is expected. Application form not required. Applicants should submit the following:
1. Timetable for implementation and evaluation of project
2. Qualifications of key personnel
3. Copy of IRS Determination Letter
4. Brief history of organization and description of its mission
5. Copy of most recent annual report/audited financial statement/990
6. How project’s results will be evaluated or measured
7. Listing of board of directors, trustees, officers and other key people and their affiliations
8. Detailed description of project and amount of funding requested
9. Copy of current year’s organizational budget and/or project budget
10. Listing of additional sources and amount of support
Initial approach: Letter
Copies of proposal: 1
Board meeting date(s): Mar., May, July, Oct., and Dec.
Final notification: Acknowledgement letter sent within days of receipt
Additional information: Applicants must also include amount of support form organization’s board.
ROBERT G. MERRICK, SR.;
ROBERT G. MERRICK, JR.;
ANNE M. MERRICK;
Officers and Directors:
Walter D. Pinkard, Jr. Pres. and Director
Robert G. Merrick, III V.P. and Director
Amy Gross Exec. Dir.
Robert M. Pinkard Secy. and Director
Gregory C. Pinkard Treas. and Director
Freeman A. Hrabowski, III