Total Assets: Not available
Total Giving: Not available
Giving primarily in areas of company operations in the Pittsburgh area, with special emphasis on Allegheny and Beaver counties, PA.
No support for sectarian or denominational religious organizations, tax-supported organizations, political parties or candidates, fraternal organizations, or United Way-supported organizations.
No grants to individuals, or for capital campaigns, salaries, conferences or seminars, fundraising dinners, golf outings, travel, or general street lighting projects.
Duquesne Light makes charitable contributions to nonprofit organizations involved with K-12 and higher education, employment training, and to libraries. Support is given primarily in areas of company operations.
Type of Grantmaker: Corporate giving program
Phone: (412) 393-6000
Email: [email protected]
c/o Power of Light
411 7th Ave., MD 6-3
Proposals should be no longer than 3 pages. Submissions over the phone are not accepted. Application form not required. Applicants should submit the following:
1. Timetable for implementation and evaluation of project
2. Results expected from proposed grant
3. Statement of problem project will address
4. Population served
5. Copy of IRS Determination Letter
6. Brief history of organization and description of its mission
7. Copy of most recent annual report/audited financial statement/990
8. How project’s results will be evaluated or measured
9. Listing of board of directors, trustees, officers and other key people and their affiliations
10. Detailed description of project and amount of funding requested
11. Copy of current year’s organizational budget and/or project budget
12. Listing of additional sources and amount of support
13. Additional materials/documentation
Initial approach: Mail proposal to headquarters or complete online application form
Final notification: 90 days
Additional information: Proposals should include financial statements for the past two years, and describe how the project promotes economic development, support the wise use of energy, or assist low-income